MAP is an income-based, budget program that provides qualifying customers with a reduced budget.
- Eligible gas balance may be paid upon approval
- Reduced monthly budget payment
- 24 month enrollment
- Service protected from disconnection
- No late fees while enrolled
- No large balances to pay at the end of the program*
*Budget amount is based on previous year’s consumption and assumes no significant changes in usage. Ending balances may exist in the event energy consumption patterns change or other factors impact projected future bills.
MAP Program Eligibility Criteria
|Household Size||Monthly Income**|
|Add $560 for each additional household member. **Certain deductions may apply. Please contact a representative for details.|
- Participating households must be at, or below, 150% of the Federal Poverty Level, table below:
- Household must be approved for State Emergency Releif (SER) assistance. To apply for SER assistance, please visit the MIBridges web portal by selecting the link below:
- Household must complete a MEAP Self Sufficiency Plan Form after being approved for SER. For a copy of the MEAP Self Sufficiency Plan Form click here.
To request enrollment in MAP, please agree to the terms and conditions of the Affordable Payment Plan. Sign and return the form to SEMCO as soon as possible. In addition, please provide a copy of your STATE EMERGENCY RELIEF DECISION NOTICE. Once received, enrollment in MAP will be processed and the monthly budget amount will be reflected on your bill.
Please send all completed applications to:
PO Box 5004
Port Huron, MI 48061
Contact SEMCO ENERGY Gas Company at 1-800-624-2019, option 3 for additional details.
Program partners (Referral partners):
Additional services may be available to further support household needs. For details, please select from the list of partner agencies below: